Ticket Vending Machines
Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) sell tickets and monthly passes at SPRINTER and COASTER stations. Unless there is a special event, there are no customer service attendants selling tickets at stations – you must purchase your ticket from a TVM.
How to Use TVMs
- Before you purchase your ticket, find your departure time using the schedule. One-way tickets expire two hours after purchase, while day passes expire at the end of the day of service.
- Make sure you are purchasing the correct ticket – tickets and passes are non-refundable and non-replaceable.
- All one-way and round trip tickets must be purchased from station TVMs on the day of travel.
- You must have your ticket in hand when boarding the train. Arrive at your station ten minutes before your train departure time to ensure you have enough time to complete your transaction at the TVM.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- TVMs accept cash, credit cards (Visa and Mastercard) and most debit cards.
- With cash purchases, TVMs give a maximum of $10 in change and change is given in dollar coins.
- To purchase single tickets, please use bills smaller than $10.
Differences Between SPRINTER and COASTER TVMs
- SPRINTER TVMs do not sell COASTER tickets, and COASTER TVMs do not sell SPRINTER tickets.
- COASTER ticket vending machines do not sell Metrolink or Amtrak tickets.
Types of Fares
TVMs sell one-way, round trip, day passes and monthly passes. The RegionPlus Day Pass and all monthly passes are sold on the Compass Card. Visit the fares pages for BREEZE, COASTER, and SPRINTER modes to learn more about which pass is your best deal.