San Diego International Airport
Avoid the hassles of traffic and parking while traveling! Use the COASTER to reach the San Diego International Airport.
|COASTER tickets are now available for purchase online before you ride!|
- Reaching the San Diego Airport by Public Transit
- Reach the COASTER from the San Diego Airport
- Where to Catch MTS Route 992
- Parking at COASTER Stations
- COASTER and MTS Bus Fares
How to Reach the San Diego Airport by Public Transit
- Ride the COASTER to the Santa Fe Depot in downtown San Diego, and then transfer to MTS bus route 992 to reach the airport.
- It takes the bus about 10 minutes to reach terminal one at the airport from this bus stop.
- SDMTS route 992 operates approximately every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends.
- There is room on COASTER trains to stow luggage on the bottom levels.
- Make sure you are ready to load your luggage as soon as the train pulls into the station – trains stop briefly at each station and will not hold for late-comers. Make sure you confirm the COASTER train times work with your travel schedule. The COASTER has limited service (check the schedule) on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Check Amtrak schedules for alternative train service to Santa Fe Depot.
How to Reach the COASTER from the San Diego Airport
Follow the signs inside the airport to Ground Transportation.
At the curb outside the airport, look for the bus stop sign for MTS bus 992.
Where to Catch Route 992
- MTS route 992 picks up passengers directly across the street from Santa Fe Depot, on the corner of Kettner Blvd. and W. Broadway.
- Purchase $2.25 fare on board. Exact change needed.
- Once you exit the COASTER, walk south (toward Broadway) and then cross the trolley tracks to reach the bus stop shelter on Broadway just east of Kettner Blvd. in front of the Starbucks.
Parking at COASTER Stations
- Parking is free at all COASTER stations (except Santa Fe Depot), with long term parking available in Oceanside and Solana Beach.
- If you plan to leave your car for an extended period of time in Oceanside or Solana Beach, check in with a security guard.
- Purchase a one-way ticket for your ride on the COASTER from a station ticket vending machine or via the online e-ticketing system.
- Then, purchase one-way fare on SDMTS bus 992 using cash. (COASTER tickets are no longer valid for a free transfer to SDMTS buses.)
- COASTER monthly pass holders can transfer to SDMTS bus route 992 for free.
NCTD CONNECTS WITH THESE PARTNER AGENCIES