Reduced Fare Eligibility
Passengers ages 60 and older get a discounted fare when they show a valid proof of eligibility, such as any one of the following:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Medicare Card
- Metropolitan Transit Service (MTS) Photo I.D.
- California Identification Card
Other government issued I.D. that shows proof of age and a picture
Persons with Disabilities
Passengers get a discounted fare when they show a valid proof of eligibility, such as any one of the following:
- NCTD Reduced Fare I.D. Card
- MTS Senior/Disabled I.D. Card
- Medicare Card
Passengers must show Medicare Card for reduced fare.
Personal Care Attendants (PCAs)
PCAs ride free on LIFT paratransit, BREEZE buses, and SPRINTER trains when accompanying a person ADA certified to use paratransit LIFT services. ADA certified passengers who use the assistance of a PCA need to show NCTD Paratransit Reduced Fare I.D. Card with the “PCA-Yes” symbol on it. PCAs only ride free on LIFT, BREEZE, and SPRINTER, but not San Diego MTS buses.
How to Obtain or Renew an NCTD Reduced Fare I.D. Card
If you are a person with a disability you can:
- Obtain an application online:
- Call Customer Service for an application at (760) 966-6500 (M-F, 7 am – 7 pm).
- Visit one of these locations to pick up an application:
Oceanside Transit Store
at the Oceanside Transit Center
205 South Tremont Street
Oceanside, CA 92054
Escondido Transit Center
700 W. Valley Parkway
Escondido, CA 92025
- Have an authorized agency or qualified/certified health care professional complete their part of the form. (If you have a DMV placard I.D. card, VA letter that states you are 50% or more disabled or current SSI award letter, you only need to bring it with you.)
After completing the steps above, bring the completed form and picture ID to one of the two customer service locations:
Oceanside Transit Center (weekdays, 8 am – 5 pm)
Phone: (760) 966-6500
205 South Tremont Street, Oceanside, CA 92054
Escondido Transit Center (weekdays, 8 am – 5 pm)
Phone: (760) 967-2875
700 W. Valley Parkway, Escondido, CA 92025
Note: Please call before coming and confirm we are able to take your photo and issue you a card.
When eligibility has been established, we will issue an NCTD Reduced Fare I.D. Card. These cards are initially free, but there is a fee for replacements.
Show your NCTD Reduced Fare I.D. Card to the driver as you board the bus and you will be entitled to pay the reduced cash fare.
You may also use the Reduce Fare I.D. Card to purchase discounted:
BREEZE Bus Regional Senior/Disabled/Medicare Monthly Pass
COASTER Train Senior/Disabled/Medicare Monthly Pass