(To enlarge this text on a PC, hold down the “ctrl” key and push the “+” key.)
To become eligible to ride Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) paratransit service, called LIFT, you must first become ADA Certified through ADARide.
One-Way Trip: $3.50
LIFT Ticket Book (10 Tickets): $35.00
Fare is due upon boarding. Exact cash or a LIFT ticket is accepted. The drivers do not make change or sell tickets. Monthly passes are not accepted on LIFT vehicles. LIFT tickets are available for pre-purchase in books of 10 for $35.00.
Certified passengers can also apply for an NCTD Paratransit Reduced Fare I.D. Card, which allows them to travel on BREEZE and SPRINTER for FREE. If a passenger requires a personal care attendant (PCA), the PCA can ride free when accompanying the passenger with the disability.
Where to Get LIFT Tickets
- By Phone
Call Customer Service at (760) 966-6500
Purchase ticket books with your credit card by calling the number above.
- By Mail
Please call Customer Service to request ticket books and to arrange payment by mail with check. Please send payments to:
NCTD Customer Service
Attn: LIFT Tickets
810 Mission Ave.
Oceanside, CA 92054
- In Person
NCTD Customer Service – Oceanside Transit Store (View Google Map)
Mon-Fri, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
205 South Tremont Street, near the intersection of Topeka and Tremont.
The Transit Store is located near the Greyhound offices on the east end of the transit center.
How to Schedule a LIFT Ride
Call one or two working days in advance of your trip to schedule a pick-up.
- Call (760) 726-1111
Please be prepared to provide the following information in this order:
- Your name
- The date you will be traveling
- Your pick-up address (including apartment number, building or business name or other specific information or landmarks)
- The time you would like to be picked up or the time you need to reach your destination*
- The physical address of your destination (including building or business name or other specific information)
- Telephone number at your destination
- If a personal care attendant (PCA) will travel with you
- If guests other than your PCA will travel with you (including children)
- If you will be using a mobility device
When scheduling a ride or return trip, please allow:
- Plenty of time to finish your appointment in order to meet the vehicle
- Adequate travel time
- Extra time for the pick-up and drop-off of other passengers
- Time for possible traffic delays
*The Americans with Disabilities Act allows ADA paratransit service providers to offer travel times one hour before or one hour after the requested travel time. This enables us to offer more efficient service to all paratransit users.
How to Cancel a LIFT Ride
Call (760) 726-1111 to cancel.
Please notify LIFT reservations as soon as possible, preferably more than one day before the scheduled trip. Please see Paratransit Rider’s Guide for information on NCTD’s No Show and Suspension policy.