- LIFT Fares
- Where to Get LIFT Tickets
- LIFT Paratransit ID
- Personal Care Attendants (PCAs)
- How to Schedule a LIFT Ride
- How to Cancel a LIFT Ride
One-Way Trip: $3.50
LIFT Ticket Book (10 Tickets): $35.00
Fare is due upon boarding. Exact cash or a LIFT ticket is accepted. The drivers do not make change or sell tickets. Monthly passes are not accepted on LIFT vehicles. LIFT tickets are available for pre-purchase in books of 10 for $35.00.
Where to Get LIFT Tickets
- By Phone
Call Customer Service at (760) 966-6500
Purchase ticket books with your credit card by calling the number above.
- By Mail
Please call Customer Service to request ticket books and to arrange payment by mail with check. Please send payments to:
NCTD Customer Service
Attn: LIFT Tickets
810 Mission Ave.
Oceanside, CA 92054
- In Person
NCTD Customer Service – Oceanside Transit Store (View Google Map)
Mon-Fri, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
205 South Tremont Street, near the intersection of Topeka and Tremont.
The Transit Store is located near the Greyhound offices on the east end of the transit center.
LIFT Paratransit ID
Important Note: The Paratransit ID is an added benefit that encourages use of public-transit services by offering free travel on the BREEZE and SPRINTER.
- The Paratransit ID is not required to use the LIFT service, however it is required for client and PCA (if applicable) to travel on Breeze bus and SPRINTER for FREE,
- Once you receive your letter of certification, you may schedule a LIFT ride: • Reservations: Call (760) 726-1111
To obtain a Paratransit ID:
- Bring the letter of certification from ADARIDE to either Oceanside or Escondido Transit Customer Service Centers between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Bring a current valid government-issued ID along with the letter.
- The information will be entered, a photo will be taken and the card will be issued at the time of processing to begin use immediately.
- The PCA (Personal Care Attendant) designation is printed on the card.
- ID card Renewals: ID cards display the expiration date of the certification.
- When the LIFT certification is renewed via ADARIDE, contact NCTD Customer Service to update the ID.
- It will follow the same process as obtaining the initial paratransit ID listed above.
- Questions? NCTD Customer Service Call Center: (760) 966-6500.
Personal Care Attendants (PCAs)
A PCA is someone whose services or presence is required by the customer to meet his or her personal needs or to assist in traveling.
- A PCA is not necessarily a Paid Care Attendant.
- The need for a PCA is documented during the eligibility certification process.
- Onboard COASTER and FLEX services, PCA’s are required to pay their regular fare.
- LIFT certified clients and PCA’s may only receive FREE travel on BREEZE bus and SPRINTER, when LIFT certified client possesses a valid LIFT Paratransit ID, with “PCA YES” designation.
How to Schedule a LIFT Ride
Call one or two working days in advance of your trip to schedule a pick-up.
- Call (760) 726-1111
Please be prepared to provide the following information in this order:
- Your name
- The date you will be traveling
- Your pick-up address (including apartment number, building or business name or other specific information or landmarks)
- The time you would like to be picked up or the time you need to reach your destination*
- The physical address of your destination (including building or business name or other specific information)
- Telephone number at your destination
- If a personal care attendant (PCA) will travel with you
- If guests other than your PCA will travel with you (including children)
- If you will be using a mobility device
When scheduling a ride or return trip, please allow:
- Plenty of time to finish your appointment in order to meet the vehicle
- Adequate travel time
- Extra time for the pick-up and drop-off of other passengers
- Time for possible traffic delays
*The Americans with Disabilities Act allows ADA paratransit service providers to offer travel times one hour before or one hour after the requested travel time. This enables us to offer more efficient service to all paratransit users.
How to Cancel a LIFT Ride
Call (760) 726-1111 to cancel.
Please notify LIFT reservations as soon as possible, preferably more than one day before the scheduled trip. Please see Paratransit Rider’s Guide for information on NCTD’s No Show and Suspension policy.