New to public transit in North San Diego County? You've come to the right place!
NCTD Has Five Modes:
- BREEZE buses serve routes all over North County.
- COASTER trains run between Oceanside and downtown San Diego every day.
- SPRINTER light-rail trains run between Oceanside and Escondido every day.
- LIFT paratransit buses serve customers with disabilities.
- FLEX service offers rides by reservation in specific parts of North County.
Planning a Trip?
Try the Google Transit Trip Planner, where you can plug in your starting point and destination for step-by-step instructions on how to get there.
Want to Plan on Your Own?
Follow these steps.
1.) Visit our system map to find your destination and starting point. Note which trains or bus routes connect them.
- Choose the chart showing the modes moving in the direction you need: For example, east to west or west to east?
- On the time chart, find the station or bus stop nearest your starting point. Follow the times to see which departure time will get you to your destination on time.
- Make sure you are looking at the correct day of the week.
3.) Starting at a major transit center? Find locations.
4.) Decide what kind of ticket you need.
- One Way - if you will only ride one mode and don't plan to return the same day.
- Round Trip- if you plan to return in the same day on the same mode.
- Day Pass - often best if you need to ride multiple modes (such as train and bus, or BREEZE to MTS Trolley)
- Monthly Pass - often best if you will travel multiple times each week.
View Ticket Type Specifics:
Get ticket purchasing information.
- A printed version of all our schedules, maps and fares is found in the Riders Guide, located in all our vehicles and transit centers.
- Talk directly to a trip planner by dialing 511, or (619) 233-3004 if calling from outside San Diego County.